Fire Extinguisher Seminar
Since 1994, the Fire Prevention Division has conducted portable fire extinguisher seminars. These half-day seminars are designed for employees of facilities that have portable fire extinguishers as part of their fire protection systems. The goal is to teach the skills necessary to effectively operate a portable fire extinguisher.
- Principles of fire behaviour and products of combustion
- Classifications of fire and fire extinguishment methods
- Fire extinguisher classification and rating systems
- Using fire extinguishers the right way
- Safety procedures when using a portable fire extinguishers
- Hands-on training