Due to the soaring popularity of candles, the Brantford Fire Department offers the following safety tips:
- Always keep a burnging candle within sight.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children or pets.
- Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Trim wicks to 1/4 inch prior to each use.
- Always use an appropriate candleholder place on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.